How to Outreach your tour operation PostCovid-19?
PostCovid-19, tour operators face a number of key marketing challenges, because the way people buy holiday packages changed, and what worked online just a few short years ago doesn’t work anymore.
Twenty years ago, if you wanted to book a trip, you would drive over to your local tour operator/travel agents, but now people start their journey on Google so we have to be there right when they’re getting interested in traveling.”
More than 90% of consumers do some sort of online research before making a purchase, be it looking at a brand’s website, looking at product reviews, or following a company on social media. 57% of the purchase decision is already complete before the customer even calls the supplier.
And of course,
It’s a tough time for the travel fraternity right now with a global pandemic taking place, no one is traveling, with no idea when travel bans will be lifted, many aren’t even bothering to make future trips. I really feel for my fellow travel agents and tour operators in the travel niche.
I wanted to put myself in their shoes and think about what I would write about right now if I were a tour operator during this pandemic time.
All tour operators need sales, but you can’t get sales without getting leads first.
Then, How to Outreach your tour operation after PostCovid-19?
We’re here to deliver the good news that all is not lost.
Here is a list of ideas to continue to grow your tour operation business during these pandemic times.
Using Digital Marketing techniques and strategies to generate Sales Leads during these pandemic times and gaining profits.
12 Steps to outreach your tour operation after covid-19 :
- Covid-19 or Any Recession Will Come back from Zero to Hero
- Consumer Buying behavior post-covid-19
- The success of Digital Marketing in tour Operation business
- Marketing of Tour package to your Target Audience
- Market Research
- How will get the Leads for Selling tour packages to post Covid-19?
- Sales Funnel for Tour Operators
- Connecting International travel suppliers thru Affiliate Marketing and earn passive income without selling their packages.
- Distribution Channels of Selling tour packages
- How will Marketing Automation Support Tour Operators Success in Business?
- How will you Analyze the Conversion Rate Optimization?
Covid-19 or Any Recession Will Come back from Zero to Hero
- Travel Industry is extremely Resilient and will bounce back soon. Tourism is unpredictable; whether it’s seasonality, economic recession, or a health epidemic, there are always going to be times when your business needs support. Historical Insights : 9/11 terrorism attacks, SARS Epidemic, Nil IATA commission,
- Opportunities: 1. Virtual Reality tourism
2. Self-drive Holidays
3. Domestic tours within the Country
4. Wellness Tourism
5. Travel Coupons
6. Travel Insurance with Covid-19 Coverage
7. Travel Blogging
8. Affiliate Marketing
9. Digital Freelancing
10. Selling Online Courses
11. Digital Mentoring and much more.
2. Consumer Buying behavior post-covid-19
- Travel retail will not be the same as it was prior to the pandemic and that travel retail stakeholders will need to rethink their strategies and the entire approach to the channel in order to remain relevant to consumers.
- Twenty years ago, if you wanted to book a trip, you would drive over to your local tour operator/travel agents, but now people start their journey on Google so we have to be there right when they’re getting interested in traveling.
- Engagement: Instagram
- Most research highlights the significant increases in digital revenues across all sectors and the impact this will have in the long term on travel retail revenues.
- The post-pandemic travel retail environment will require brands and retailers to work together to offer more tech-enabled and engaging online shopping experiences for customers. This will inevitably require investment into new, more interactive content for the digital retail environment, as well as more training of sales associates on how to engage with customers online.
- Wellness experiences: After staying inside for the better part of 2020, many tourists may choose wellness or outdoor experiences that involve getting active and healthy. This includes cycling and trekking tours as well as mindfulness and yoga retreats. Vacation spots that are able to offer outdoor experiences already have an advantage in rebounding after COVID-19. Organizing well-executed, valuable vacation options for tourists will be key. Experiences that feel thrown together or cheap will be extra disappointing for tourists after lockdowns are lifted.
- Staycations: Along the lines of road trips comes staycations. People are not going to be running to planes or trains, but instead taking their automobiles to the nearest drivable retreat to get away but not super far from home. Many cities and organizations may launch “stay local” campaigns to attract visitors.
3.Success of Digital Marketing in tour Operation business
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
Understanding your Buyer’s Persona
4. Marketing of Tour packages to your Target Audience:-
1. Attracting Our Target Audiences in traditional steps.
2. Outreaching of our Target Audiences through Digital Marketing.
Traditional Advertising vs Digital Advertising:-
Less Marketing expense for digital Advertising
Reaching Target Audience as well as get new prospecting customers thru digital marketing
Easily measure the Advertising visitors through landing page, website, Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Linkedin ads through digital marketing
Promotions of Tour packages across the globe:-
Online Trade fair Events
Digital Marketing: Insights ( customer Preference before designing packages)
Competitor Search / Activities :
- Spyfu tools
- Keyword Search tools
- Retargeting your Customers- Facebook Ads
6.How will get the Leads for Selling tour packages to post Covid-19?
1. Lead data collection
2. Email lookup
– voila Norbert
3. Email follow-up
4. Form & email collection
5. Landing page creation & Lead Captures from Website
Advantages of Email Marketing :
Personalization – Emails with Embedded Video may benefit from a significant bump in overall engagement.
– The Seasonal or Milestone offer
– booking confirmation
– Informational message
– thankyou message
– the loyalty or referral program
– The Re-engagement mail.
7.Sales Funnel for Tour Operators
Acquisition of Audience
1. SEM 2. SEO 3. Email Marketing 4. Social Media Marketing 5. Content Marketing
1. Paid promotion 2. Show them the advantage of your offer 3. Emails 4. Notifications 5. Build a Community
1. Personalization 2. Establishing the rewarding effect
1. Removing friction points 2. Amplify the message using social plug-ins 3. Use social proofs 4. Enable reciprocity 5. Build Social Currency
8.Connecting International travel suppliers thru Affiliate Marketing and earn passive income without selling their packages
- Connecting DMC Supplier Network: Destination Management Companies
- Connecting DMO offices: Destination Management Organization – Worldwide
- Connecting Airlines: Major International & Domestic Airlines
- Connecting Hotels Wholesalers
- Connecting Restaurants
- Connecting Transportation
- Connecting Tour Guides
- Connecting Wholesale tour operators
- Community Forum
- Earn Referral Income even you’re not selling their packages
- Affiliate Marketing benefits
9. Distribution Channels of Selling tour packages
- Twitter – Bing – SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – SEM
- Landing Page
- Affiliate Marketing
10. How will Marketing Automation Support Tour Operators Success in Business?
- A great solution for a fast-growing Outbound and Inbound tours booking business. Now you can reach every one of them with tailored offers created automatically by the system.
- Dynamic Email offers, Dynamic Website Content, Email Marketing, Boosting Direct Sale, Lead Generation
- Manage contacts and deals
- Run special offers and focused sales drips
- Automate check-out reminders,
- Re-engagement campaigns,
- private tour bookings, and more
- Create and track a loyalty program for your most engaged clients
- Email Automation tools :
- – ActiveCampaign
- – Convertkit
- – Mailchimp
- Content Marketing Tools :
- – Grammarly.com and co-schedule.com/headlineanalyzer
11. How will you Analyze the Conversion Rate Optimization?
- How will you measure the website visitors?
- Paid Advertising Visitors (Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Landing page Visitors
- Email visitors( Triggered)
- Using Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Call to Action
- Steps for tour Website creations
Recommendation of Buying Domain such as namecheap.com, name.com, godaddy.com
Hosting Service providers such as hostinger.com, bluehost.com, wpx.net, a2hosting.com
Essential Themes and plugin for travel and tours websites :
UI / UX ( Hotjar)
Updating Travel Blog
Updating Travel Supplier Affiliate plugins
Updating Automatic Scripts tools
Landing Page Creations
Email Marketing plugins:- 1. ActiveCampaign 2. Convertkit 3. Mailchimp
Updating Social Mashable plugins – Installing Google Analytics – Installing Google Search Consoles
Updating SSL – Secured Socket Layer: Gives Credibility and enhances the brand image of your company’s website.
Using the above tools and create a travel website thereby generating new leads through the website and increase more engagement with your target customers and also reach your wider audience. Right now onwards, learn the digital marketing techniques for how can reach and generate leads for your future business after covid-19.
If you need any support, please do contact and send your valuable comments.
I will be happy to revert …